Learning to Love Yourself

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Mary Kay

Hello, Everyone! 

It's been some time, hasn't it? I recently had a major change in my life and I just had to write about it. I'm writing on "Learning to Love Yourself Part 2" because it's about my self-esteem...

As you know, those of you who were reading my blog before, I was going to school to become a paralegal. Some things happened and my school was no longer offering the paralegal program online anymore. I am not in a position to take ground courses right now, so I had two options:

Change schools or
Change programs

Now, I've always wanted to become a paralegal or at least work in the law field. So you would think my first impulse would be to change schools...

WRONG!

It all happened so quickly, let me back up...

I clean this lady's house once a week, a Mary Kay Sales Director. I had a Mary Kay party for her with a couple of friends and I began using the products. I do not know her income level, but I see how she lives. She is always available for her family because she creates her own schedule. She does not answer to a boss, she is her own boss. She is always dressed nice, her hair is fixed and her makeup is on pretty. Furthermore, she seems genuinely happy at what she does. I started to think that maybe I could do the same thing...

Then one night, after I got the news about my school, I received an email from her. It was a bulk email sent out to her customers. It mentioned about starting your own Mary Kay business and becoming an Independent Beauty Consultant. In the email, it specifically said, "so if you have been thinking about it, or if you feel this email is talking directly to you, give me a call so we can talk about it." Well, that's all I needed for a sign. The next morning, I decided to change my major to Small Business Management and I texted her telling her I wanted in...

Two weeks later, November 3, 2015, I signed the contracts with Mary Kay, I got my own Mary Kay website and email account, and I ordered a starter kit along with some other necessities. I am officially a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant! I went to my first Mary Kay meeting today and met some other Mary Kay ladies in my unit. They were amazing. Let me back up again...

You probably all know that I suffer from bi-polar disorder. From Halloween until the middle of February I get severely depressed at times, even on my medication. It is not the best time for me mentally, emotionally, or for my self-esteem. So, I signed the contract, ordered my things, and I got real depressed. I did not want to go to the meeting at all. I texted my Sales Director and explained what was going on. Now, at these meetings, anytime you do anything Mary Kay, you have to be dressed to the "T". My sales director said, come to the meeting. It doesn't matter that you have on jeans and a T-shirt without makeup right now if you're feeling bad. Just come. So, reluctantly I did (an hour late)...

WOW!!!

The way these ladies made me feel was incredible. They didn't do anything special, just their energy and vibe. That exact way that they made me feel is one of the reasons my Sales Director loves her job. Because Mary Kay ladies do more than just sell makeup, they make women feel good about themselves...

This is another sign that I am going in the right direction. I need positive women in my life right now. I couldn't have asked for a better group of girls. This new business that I am starting will not only help me financially but also emotionally and mentally. It will give me the self-esteem I desire...

So, help me help myself. Whether you are reading this in PA or TX or anywhere in between, I am going to be taking on many challenges over the next 60 days to get my business up and running. One of the challenges is to do 30 faces in 30 days. If you are in Texas, let me do a facial or a makeover on you and a friend or two. I'm not asking you to buy anything. I need to get the practice in and I want to achieve my goal of 30 faces. If you are in Pennsylvania reading this, I'm coming up December 3rd-10th. I am bringing my Mary Kay business with me. Get a couple of friends together and let's be pampered for the day. I know there are 30 of you out there who can help me out with this...

So, that's my story. I've contracted to start my own Mary Kay business over night and I am determined to get this business booming by Christmas!

Love you all!! Thank's for reading!!

Danielle Mary Kay

2 comments:

  1. Wow! ! Danielle this is all so exciting! ! I'm so proud of you. It sounds like the signs were all there pushing you in this direction! I wish you the best of luck. When you are here in December I'd be honored to have you pamper me!! Love you always!! Jill

    ReplyDelete